Finrenes has patented a system and method for processing biomass. Finrenes solution’s products are biogas and bio coal from lignocellulosic waste biomass.
Finrenes technology benefits are:
- Using different types of waste biomass, including wood chips, hog wood, bark and coconut hulls
- Process does not need external energy, resulting low operating costs
- Pretreatment with steam instead of enzymes
- Increase biogas process speed, triple capacity for biogas process
- Low OPEX, short investment payback time
- Bio coal can be used as fuel and fertilizer, lowering overall business risk
Finrenes concept provides biofuels and fertilizer:
- First we take waste biomass form agriculture or forestry. We can use wood chips, wood bark, straw, grass and even coconut hulls.
- Next we perform the pretreatment. The pretreatment breaks the lignocellulose structure enabling fast biogas production. Biogas can be easily refined to biomethane for traffic use.
- The rest of the biomass that has not turned into biogas, is refined to brown bio coal pellets.
- Bio coal pellets can be used as fuel for power generation in an existing coal firing power plant. Additionally bio coal can be used as advanced fertilizer.